Monday 23 September 2013

Second Week

So the first week went well.  Got my blog up.  Playing around with twitter. Started to develop my about.me page.  I was very excited when talking to friends about this class and how we are connecting and interacting.  I am also very excited to do our major digital project.  A couple of years ago a couple of teachers and I got together and did an anti smoking unit with our students.  We went to the point of writing a skit, creating a song, and then decided to make a youtube video.
Please check it out and let me know what you think.  For our major digital project I think I am going to work with either my class (if I can get the permission for media release) or with my teacher friends again and do an anti bullying video.  I would like the media side of it to be a little more advanced though and hope I can gain the tools or access to the tools through the course. 



Now that is just one idea of what I have done and I think a bullying video with collegues or students would be fun and very engaging as I have done it before and have seen the benifits. 

Another idea would be to create an online presence for my students.  I have a lot of students that miss school on a regular basis.  I am thinking about creating a data base for my students that they can get onto at home, or at school once they are back and it will give them the opportunity to be independently learning.  I am not sure how this would work or what would be the best way of going about it.  I know with Regina Public we are supposed to be going full bore with our Powerschool accounts and having it updated and that is one option.  But I wouldn't mind using something that is a little more user friendly.  I am thinking of something like Igo accounts for my students, or possibly starting a google community like this one.  As for how it would look as a major digital project I am not certain and I will probably have a few questions for you and Alec throughout if this is the route that I choose.  I am one of those people that come up with ideas but has a hard time figuring out how to actually accomplish it on my own.  That is about it for me this week.  If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can create an online community for daily/weekly/major assignments that is user friendly for low readers and EAL students please let me know.  (also please let me know what you think of my video... It was a lot of fun and my students loved it because of the message and they got to see their teachers being goofy)

Thanks for reading see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment